Our History

The International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers Local Union 278 was chartered on April 24, 1926. Charter members were: G. Cowan, Archer Schultz, Charles Featherton, Walter Hoffman, Richard Pitts, C. M. Mathieu, James Hendricks, W.J. James and Harry Wells. The first working agreement was signed on May 1, 1928 and consisted of only two pages. We have come a long way since that time and we believe the charter members of our local would be proud that IBEW Local Union 278 is still a leader in the community and is revered by all of the other unions in our area.